Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Not a Fight. It's a Good Old War.

Back in May, my brother and I went with some friends to a Straylight Run concert. Sadly, Straylight Run minus Michelle was pretty underwhelming, but, in my opinion, one of the opening bands, Good Old War, completely stole the show.

I can't find a good description of their style anywhere online, but if you ask me, I'd say Good Old War sounds like your favorite book and a tall glass of lemonade on the porch with just the right amount of sunshine and a faint breeze. Their guitar, keys, and drums, plus the occasional accordion and synth, are the perfect complement to their lush three part harmonies. The folky rock sound was made to be sung along to, and gives me exactly what I'm looking for during a long drive, when I'm getting ready for a night out, or when I'm breaking out the frying pan.

Since seeing them in May, I'd been looking forward to the concert they were playing tonight on Long Island. Due to a series of events, some more unfortunate than others, I ended up not going. But I did spend a good portion of my day rocking out to their album, Only Way to Be Alone, and I'd like to share the love:

"Just Another Day" by Good Old War

No comments:

Post a Comment