Wednesday, September 30, 2009

From a Mess to the Masses

I have declared today a Good Music Day.  I mean, every day should, of course, be a good music day, but today I will actively ensure that it is indeed.

With an early start, a few planned expeditions, a dinner adventure with the roomies, our first Executive Board Meeting, and then the drive home to pack for my rainy weekend in Syracuse for Homecoming... I need it!

So, here is my gift to you: Phoenix, a fabulous French band.  They've been around for a while but have only just made their way to my ears, which is lamentable because they are just so good!

Lisztomania/Think less but see it grow/Like a riot, like a riot, Oh !/
I'm not easily offended/It's not hard to let it go/From a mess to the masses


"Lisztomania" always has me rocking out, be it in my car, in the living room, or at my desk at the office.  It hasn't failed as a pick-me-up.

Phoenix is on their way up.  They performed on SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Letterman, and Conan.  Their song "1901" is in the new commercial for the 2010 Cadillac SRX and in the trailer for New York, I Love You, the Americanish version of Paris, je t'aime.

Plus, the album name, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is just plain kickass.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment