Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Fresh Produce

This morning Christine, the Director of Family Services, called me to let me know that she had brought in a bag of fruits and veggies that were free for the taking, and of course I immediately ran down the stairs to battle it out with Beth and Richard over who would get the parsnips and apples. The selection was really beautiful, made even more so, I'm sure, by the simple fact that it was all locally grown, and I'm crazy about that right now.

I settled for this gorgeous pair of pears:


I call them Lucy and Fred.

Just a few hours later, Christine called again to let me know that the soup kitchen by us had a large abundance of veggies that they wanted us to help take off of their hands. So Aaron and I went over and ended up with a big basket of yellow and green zucchinis, and a bag of tomatoes and eggplants.

They don’t have names, but I am so super excited for zucchini fries and eggplant parm!

Side note, it is also raining walnuts at the office, but I don’t know if they are really edible. They just make crazy thunking noises when they fall to the ground every time the wind blows, which, right now, is just about always.

It's like a violent game of dodge ball out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment