Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yummm

As you may or may not know, I am secretly a very domestic person, and my inner hostess with the mostest has been itching to come out.  Our kitchen may be tiny and our oven may have been designed for Thumbelina, but they do the trick.  We're always cooking up something yummy, and my new goal is to always have fresh baked goods in the house.

Currently we have pumpkin pie...

And it is super delicious!

How did we end up with pumpkin pie?  Well yesterday I pulled up to the house just as Richard was leaving.  He told me he was going to the duck pond down the road and invited me to go with him.  The weather was nice, so I agreed.  And as we sat by the water, looking at the mallards and the beautiful red leaves, he suddenly announced that he wanted pumpkin pie.  He meant that we should buy a pie from one of the many roadside stands out here, but I thought he wanted to bake one, and I promptly agreed.  It took some convincing, but we drove to the grocery store and picked up all of the ingredients.  The process got a little hairy because our oven is pretty hoopty, but in the end it was quite delicious.  And it certainly put us all in a wonderful autumn mood.

If you have any good recipes for baked goods, particularly ones involving apples or pumpkin, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment