Friday, September 4, 2009

It's Arts & Crafts Time!

So I'm starting a Photo A Day project.  I really want to remember this year, and I think this will be the perfect way to keep up with my scrapbooking and perhaps improve my photography skills.  I already have some great pictures from this week:

On Monday night we made a delicious dinner of homemade pizzas and then played a rousing game of Uno.  It was a great opportunity to get to know each other before starting in the office.

We spent the entire day on Tuesday filling out paperwork, so it was really refreshing to get the chance to go out out at night.  I took the crew to Port Jefferson where we walked around on the boardwalk and ate some awesome seafood and gellato.

On Wednesday we went on a little tour which ended at the ReStore.  People donate all kinds of stuff that the ReStore sells, with the proceeds going back to Habitat.

Last night we went to the beach at Smith Point.  It was absolutely beautiful and gave my roomies a chance to see a different side of Long Island.

 Today we spent the whole morning talking to all of the people in the office, getting a idea of how they came to Habitat and what they do.   Even though I've been there a while, I learned a lot about everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment