Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

In my head, I've always really liked Autumn. It's cool and crisp, and there are apples and pumpkins everywhere, and people wear cute scarves and sweaters and boots. But when it comes down to it, I'm not actually all that much a fan of September through Novemeber. And today I figured out why. Because, while I love the golden rust of an idealized New York Autumn, when you look outside my window, this is actually what you see:
A lovely shade of gray that can really only be described as MEH

So, I decided to do the only happy thing I could think of and make a yummy autumn lunch.
Aaron and I made some grilled cheese with cheddar, mozzerella, and smoked turkey.  We ran out of hummus, so I added a little bit of peanut butter to some Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinagrette, just to thicken it up, to make a zippy dip for our pita chips.  Topped it off with some Cambell's creamy tomato soup.
It's still pretty gross out, but I feel like I can get through all of this boring data input with all of that yummy in my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. that's sad because I LOVE gray NEW YORK!
    Mostly because I LOVE wearing RAIN BOOTS and feeling like Madeline!

    ReplyDelete