Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ears on the Beatles

Today, the world has dedicated itself to The Beatles.  With the release of the remastered albums and The Beatles: Rock Band, today is a day to party.  To celebrate, my favorite radio station, WFUV, is playing Beatles songs and solo projects, original and covers all day. Stream it! http://www.wfuv.org/audio/stream.html

I personally have a deep love for The Beatles.  1 was the first cd I bought for myself, and also my first favorite.  And I kind of forced my RA staff to make our building Beatles themed last year.  The complex (comprised of Brewster, Boland, and Brockway, also known as BBB) had "Let it B B B" painted across the front windows, our lounge was called Strawberry Fields, and we had a giant orange (it is Syracuse, after all) submarine.  It was pretty fabulous.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Beatles tunes...




(À la Dominic Monaghan, I think the lyrics "Living is easy with eyes closed" make for a great tattoo.)




1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you loved WFUV - my mom is a huge supporter! And this is weird, but if you ever heard ads for "McVicker and Higginbotham," thats my ex-boyfriend's dad's company.

    ReplyDelete